F2 Search | Icons | Help | Contact | Settings | Login | Register

Back to Index | Reply to Topic

Page: 31 - 40 | 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50  | 51 - 60  | 101 - 110  | Previous  Next | First  Last

Topic: CBS News' Lara Logan Assaulted During Egypt Protests
href="/bbs/member_posts

That picture doesn't necessarily have a date or time frame attached to it.
href="/bbs/member_posts

By the way...somebody suggested that on the CBS clip where Lara shouts 'STOP!' - they can make out a scuffle and activity to the right of the camera. I've replayed it some many times - and you must mean the place where somebody's holding a tall flag above the crowd. That flagpole doesn't seem to be moving much? I'm not poo-pooing your observation...just an observation.
href="/bbs/member_posts

TruthSeeker said:There's another Lara photo that has been overlooked - and to me, tells a big story. What about Lara being re-united with her husband Joe and the kids on her arrival in US. Does that look like a ravaged rape victim who needs urgent medical attention. Sorry, but Lara looks in fine fettle and Joe might as well have a speech bubble saying 'Hey kids here's your mom..go give hjer a big hug!'
I can't help but think that if Lara had undergone a gang-bang rape - that she would've been met by more than just her hubby and kids for a smile and a cuddle. Don't you think??



Well...she doesn´t look like a heavily groped, beaten, whipped and finger fucked victim either.

When was the picture taken? Remember: It could be manipulated. When exactly was it taken? The photo shows her to be TOO WELL. It doesn´t match the account she herself gave on cbs 60 minutes. It´s a strong indicator that the photo was made later or earlier (before her flight to egypt).
href="/bbs/member_posts

For those of you doubting that they'd fly her directly back to America. Man, I don't know. The best plastic surgeons and reconstructive surgeons are here in America. The best doctors in general are here in America. Being an American citizen, she wouldn't need to sit in customs for hours and expose herself to scrutiny. Other journalists had been abducted from the hospitals in Egypt. Egypt wasn't safe for her. Italy, Germany, seriously? Nobody is going to fly to those places when a few hours more gets you back to the best doctors in the world.

The picture of her with her husband and children is obviously not right when she's getting off the plane. She went directly to the hospital and stayed there four or five days. Then she was laid out and receiving care her home for weeks. The earliest pictures of her after the rape are not those associated with the interview but those from her presentation at the IMI. She looks to have all her original teeth, hair, etc. but her face looks a bit swollen and she has a red mark on her chest (possibly from being beaten with sticks or possibly from when her clothes were torn). The next pictures we have are from the Correspondents' dinner, two months later, with no marks on her chest (healed or possibly covered with make-up). These days, with hair extensions, porcelain teeth, make-up, fake eyelashes, plastic surgery, etc., there's just no way of knowing what's going on in terms of bruising or whatever else.
href="/bbs/member_posts

She did mention internal damage, remember? She mentioned tearing inside her, she said "intimate injuries" so...

How often do you injure your girlfriend when you're fingering her? Never? Exactly. Never. She was assaulted with more than fingers. Some have speculated that she was fisted (she did say "raped with hands" not "raped with fingers"). The tearing could have been from anal penetration with a penis or a foreign object. Foreign objects could have easily come into play. Is she talking about lacerations? Surely, not fistula (as some have speculated). A torn sphincter muscle? Did she have to defecate into a bag for a month? What does "internal damage" mean? Internal damage doesn't often occur from a few fingers getting poked in there. It doesn't even happen in rough gangbang porn.

Not that "fingering" isn't something major once you realize it probably went beyond a few pokes and prods and on into full on involuntary masturbation (with a bowler's grip or multiple fingers at a time or worse). I'm sorry but, when "internal injuries" come into play, she was either penetrated with something so big it stretched and scraped her vaginal wall (or anal cavity) or these guys had horrible caveman fingernails or someone shoved something blunt or sharp up there. She didn't explain what sort of damage was done but it sounded pretty serious and she did say they were "inside" her "everywhere" and "from the front and the back" so... something bad happened.

Internal damage, people. Think about it.
href="/bbs/member_posts

. said:For those of you doubting that they'd fly her directly back to America. Man, I don't know. The best plastic surgeons and reconstructive surgeons are here in America. The best doctors in general are here in America. Being an American citizen, she wouldn't need to sit in customs for hours and expose herself to scrutiny. Other journalists had been abducted from the hospitals in Egypt. Egypt wasn't safe for her. Italy, Germany, seriously? Nobody is going to fly to those places when a few hours more gets you back to the best doctors in the world.

The picture of her with her husband and children is obviously not right when she's getting off the plane. She went directly to the hospital and stayed there four or five days. Then she was laid out and receiving care her home for weeks. The earliest pictures of her after the rape are not those associated with the interview but those from her presentation at the IMI. She looks to have all her original teeth, hair, etc. but her face looks a bit swollen and she has a red mark on her chest (possibly from being beaten with sticks or possibly from when her clothes were torn). The next pictures we have are from the Correspondents' dinner, two months later, with no marks on her chest (healed or possibly covered with make-up). These days, with hair extensions, porcelain teeth, make-up, fake eyelashes, plastic surgery, etc., there's just no way of knowing what's going on in terms of bruising or whatever else.



There is another big factor that could be at work here....the USA has HIPAA laws....Europe does not.
href="/bbs/member_posts

TruthSeeker said:By the way...somebody suggested that on the CBS clip where Lara shouts 'STOP!' - they can make out a scuffle and activity to the right of the camera. I've replayed it some many times - and you must mean the place where somebody's holding a tall flag above the crowd. That flagpole doesn't seem to be moving much? I'm not poo-pooing your observation...just an observation.



I see it. People are moving back and forth and not forward between the two raised flags. Watch it in full screen in slow motion if you can.
href="/bbs/member_posts

[quote]For those of you doubting that they'd fly her directly back to America. Man, I don't know. The best plastic surgeons and reconstructive surgeons are here in America. The best doctors in general are here in America. Being an American citizen, she wouldn't need to sit in customs for hours and expose herself to scrutiny. Other journalists had been abducted from the hospitals in Egypt. Egypt wasn't safe for her. Italy, Germany, seriously? Nobody is going to fly to those places when a few hours more gets you back to the best doctors in the world.



Okay, man, listen up: In middle and western europe the standard for MEDICAL doctors are comparable to the United States. Heck, even in south europe there are. I don´t want to diss you but amend a very important detail because i don´t want you be injured and sick somewhere near Europe and thinking: Gee, Europe doctors are practically medieval and stupid i just wait for my 10 hours (!) flight back to merry old US i am sure my bleeding kidneys or shot lung or paralyzed spine will tolerate it. Jesus man, hop on the damn airplane and get your ass to Germany before you bleed out!
href="/bbs/member_posts

InTheKnow said:There is another big factor that could be at work here....the USA has HIPAA laws....Europe does not.



Iam sure europe has something comparable. I dont see doctors in germany walking around and giving interviews about the exact details of their patients sickness or injuries.
href="/bbs/member_posts

. said:
The picture of her with her husband and children is obviously not right when she's getting off the plane. She went directly to the hospital and stayed there four or five days. Then she was laid out and receiving care her home for weeks. The earliest pictures of her after the rape are not those associated with the interview but those from her presentation at the IMI. She looks to have all her original teeth, hair, etc. but her face looks a bit swollen and she has a red mark on her chest (possibly from being beaten with sticks or possibly from when her clothes were torn). The next pictures we have are from the Correspondents' dinner, two months later, with no marks on her chest (healed or possibly covered with make-up). These days, with hair extensions, porcelain teeth, make-up, fake eyelashes, plastic surgery, etc., there's just no way of knowing what's going on in terms of bruising or whatever else.



If her bones weren´t broken there is hardly nothing that couldn´t be amended in a few weeks: swellings, bruises, even small cuts...even smashed teeth. No problem.

So we actually don´t have evidence how she looked when she landed in Washington D.C. We don´t know how she looked when she returned to the Hotel. We don´t know how she looked during the assault.
href="/bbs/member_posts

1250 posts and still no actual pics or vids. truly, you trevs are beta.


href="/bbs/member_posts

The fact that she sat on an 11 hour flight tells me that her injuries were manageable. If they mainly beat her for 25 minutes she would have gone home on a stretcher if she lived at all. She described her injuries. Joints distended from them pulling her legs apart and internal vaginal and anal tearing ie. "inside her everywhere intimate injuries tearing inside". She also had cuts, scraps and bruises. Nothing to keep her from sitting on a plane and not attracting attention. I am telling you they beat her less than they fucked her or she would be dead.

I assume the picture at the airport TruthSeeker refers to was the one on the 60 minutes overtime clip. If not please provide a link.
I saw that and immediately thought that it couldn't be from the day she returned from this. I mean what, they grabbed a passerby and said please photograph us???? ah no. I think it was just a stock family photo from one of her many trips on assignment. The main idea of that whole segment was to show she got a lot of emotional support and was healing. I live in DC and it looks like BWI airport, not that that matters.

href="/bbs/member_posts

also

Logan got whatever medical attention she wanted. Truthseeker's original report said that she refused medical attention on the scene. That doesn't suprise me at all and is common with rape victims. It also means that no rape kit exists, but that's ok because she never planned to go public. She wanted to get home to her family and forget this ever happened. She went to the US because that is where she and CBS had the most control. They didn't want some Italian or French medical report to end up online. Plus her husband and family were not in Europe. I think all she wanted was to go home. I think she thought she was being tough.

She never said she wasn't raped. That appeared in the Durbin paper, the WSJ and the NYP but they were not quoting Logan. I have a journalism degree and was taught never to use unnamed sources if possible and never without coorboration. I think that "saved from actual rape" thing was just bad reporting. She said clearly that she was raped with hands before being pulled away from the security and she surrendered to the sexual assault but didn't expound further. I don't know if anyone stuck their cock in her, but whatever they did, she clearly didn't want to talk about it.

The only thing I am sure of is that this was much worse that what she detailed. The "approx" 25 minutes she was alone with them was not described at all. She can saftly underapproximate the time too because she can be pretty sure there is no video out there that captured the whole scene start to finish. She said in the 60 minutes overtime that you wouldn't believe what they did to me. Well Lara I'm pretty credulous, try me and see.
href="/bbs/member_posts

. said:Okay, man, listen up: In middle and western europe the standard for MEDICAL doctors are comparable to the United States. Heck, even in south europe there are. I don´t want to diss you but amend a very important detail because i don´t want you be injured and sick somewhere near Europe and thinking: Gee, Europe doctors are practically medieval and stupid i just wait for my 10 hours (!) flight back to merry old US i am sure my bleeding kidneys or shot lung or paralyzed spine will tolerate it. Jesus man, hop on the damn airplane and get your ass to Germany before you bleed out!



You are wrong. I've been to Europe. They might have emergency care doctors comparable to those you'd find in an average small town but they do not have specialists in reconstructive and plastic surgery on par with what we have here or on par with those a celebrity could afford to see here. Best doctors in the world or average neighborhood doctor? I know what I'd choose if I had the option, if it meant the difference between living with an ugly scar or not and I made my living on television.
href="/bbs/member_posts

. said:She did mention internal damage, remember? She mentioned tearing inside her, she said "intimate injuries" so...

How often do you injure your girlfriend when you're fingering her? Never? Exactly. Never. She was assaulted with more than fingers. Some have speculated that she was fisted (she did say "raped with hands" not "raped with fingers"). The tearing could have been from anal penetration with a penis or a foreign object. Foreign objects could have easily come into play. Is she talking about lacerations? Surely, not fistula (as some have speculated). A torn sphincter muscle? Did she have to defecate into a bag for a month? What does "internal damage" mean? Internal damage doesn't often occur from a few fingers getting poked in there. It doesn't even happen in rough gangbang porn.

Not that "fingering" isn't something major once you realize it probably went beyond a few pokes and prods and on into full on involuntary masturbation (with a bowler's grip or multiple fingers at a time or worse). I'm sorry but, when "internal injuries" come into play, she was either penetrated with something so big it stretched and scraped her vaginal wall (or anal cavity) or these guys had horrible caveman fingernails or someone shoved something blunt or sharp up there. She didn't explain what sort of damage was done but it sounded pretty serious and she did say they were "inside" her "everywhere" and "from the front and the back" so... something bad happened.

Internal damage, people. Think about it.





I donít think that they were being as gentle. I tend to agree with truth seeker that the group was in motion and if several men where inserting their fingers inside her from a bunch of different directions, than tearing can occur. I remember an interview with Annabel Chong the first porn star to do a 100 man gangbang saying that she was sore and cut up a little not because of the penises but because of the menís fingernails. At one point she had to have her production crew instruct the men to stop inserting thier fingers inside.
href="/bbs/member_posts

. said:If her bones weren´t broken there is hardly nothing that couldn´t be amended in a few weeks: swellings, bruises, even small cuts...even smashed teeth. No problem.

So we actually don´t have evidence how she looked when she landed in Washington D.C. We don´t know how she looked when she returned to the Hotel. We don´t know how she looked during the assault.



We do have this blog post by an American military officer who says the Marines at the US embassy saw Lara Logan after the attack and told him (later) that she looked like she had the shit beaten out of her.

http://castrapraetoria1.blogspot.com/2011/04/egypt-is-place-to-be.html
href="/bbs/member_posts

Pictures from the IMI conference at AU one month after the attack. Notice the big red mark on her chest.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/americanuniversity/5634494747/in/photostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/americanuniversity/5635075654/in/photostream
http://www.flickr.com/photos/americanuniversity/5635075504/in/photostream
href="/bbs/member_posts

Dude, can I have some of what you're smoking? There's nothing on her chest. :facepalm:
href="/bbs/member_posts

Except for a visible bruise. Get your glasses checked.
href="/bbs/member_posts

Actually there IS a dark diagonal stripe. ZOOM IN. Then you will see it. It doesn´t look like a shadow from an object.
href="/bbs/member_posts

. said:Also her one security guard was paid more money to not talk as well as her crew. They all must feel like crap! Someone is going to have to offer big money for them to talk and give their side of what happened.

href="/bbs/member_posts

Where are you getting that information?
href="/bbs/member_posts

As for the injuries and fingering your girlfriend thing. . . .

Some basic medical facts about vaginas:

An aroused, lubricated vagina is not the same thing as an unaroused vagina, or a clenched vagina. It gets more flexible and resilient when it's ready for action. Foreplay, right?

Jamming your fingers into an unwilling vagina for half an hour is going to create tearing and bruising. Serious internal injuries. Particularly if that's being done aggressively and maliciously to inflict suffering while someone is being pulled in different directions. It's entirely possible that other objects where used as well or that there was intercourse (it was a rape either way), but being yanked around and aggressively probed by dozens of hands would injure someone pretty badly. Not permanently, but you'd be in the hospital.

(Penises involved? I think it's unlikely given the chaos of the situation, and there is no reason to leap to that conclusion just because it was a serious assault. It's possible, but the idea that it "must" have happened is just not tenable, and the idea that it's being "covered up" seems silly. It was a sexual assault styled lynching, not a porno movie.)
href="/bbs/member_posts

Zoom in to full size on the middle picture and tell me that's not a bruise.
href="/bbs/member_posts

I don't see a clear visible bruise in the IMI picture either. I scruntinized that shit months ago. I Think it's just a shadow. If there was a clear bruise/wound there she would have simply worn a different top. Regardless of what actually happened, we can be pretty sure she wasn't going for the "I just got gangbanged" look at her first public outing. She's got way more class than that.

Page: 31 - 40 | 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50  | 51 - 60  | 101 - 110  | Previous  Next | First  Last

Back to Index | Reply to Topic